The 39th Conference will be held in the heart of London at City University of London.
5th and 6th September 2019
Submissions are welcome from all areas of reproductive and infant health including:
- Reproductive health & behaviour
- Infertility and assisted reproduction
- The transition to parenthood
- Perinatal mental health & wellbeing
- Fathers/partners wellbeing
- Parent/infant interaction
- Positive psychology and resilience
- Innovation in treatment and services
NEW this year:
- Pre-conference workshop for students and early career researchers
- Workshops on advanced research and clinical skills
Abstract submissions are open until 12 April 2019
The Scientific Committee of the Society of Reproductive and Infant Psychology’s 39th International Conference would like to invite you to submit an abstract for our conference ion the 5 & 6 September 2019 in London, UK. Showcase your research to an international audience and contribute toward discussions that will shape future research and healthcare. We are inviting abstracts for oral or poster presentations, symposia or workshops. Please click the button below to submit your abstract.
All submissions must be made online by 12 April 2019.
Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Oral presentation or poster
Oral presentations or posters are brief presentations of research. We require a structured abstract that includes Title, Background, Aims, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. To submit an oral presentation or poster click here.
Symposia consist of a 1-hour session with 4 or 5 presentations on a particular topic. We require an abstract for the overall symposium theme, as well as abstracts for each presentation within them. To submit a symposium click here.
Workshops are 2-hour sessions aimed at improving clinical skills or research skills in specific areas of reproductive and infant health. They will usually involve 1 or 2 presenters but up to 5 are possible. We require names of the presenter(s) involved and an abstract for the workshop which includes Title, Aims, Content, and Learning Outcomes. To submit a workshop click here.
If an abstract, workshop or symposia is accepted, the presenting author(s) must attend the Conference to present. The presenting author will be required to register for the Conference by June 30, 2019 in order to have the abstract acceptance confirmed. If a presenting author is not registered by June 30, 2019, the Scientific Committee will remove the abstract from the program.
- 12 April 2019 Deadline for Abstract, Symposia and Workshop submission.
- 12 May 2019 Notification of whether abstract submissions are accepted.
- 14 June 2019 Deadline for submission of bursary applications.
- 30 June 2019 Outcome of bursary applications.
- 12 July 2019 Deadline for presenters to confirm their attendance.
- Registration is possible any time prior to the conference.
- 4 September 2019 Pre-conference afternoon workshop for graduate students and early career researchers.
- 4 September 2019 (evening) Informal pub evening for graduate students and early career researchers.
- 5 – 6 September 2019 Conference.
- 5 September 2019 (evening) Conference dinner at De Veres Holborn Bars.
- Abstracts for oral presentations, posters and symposia should contain new information that has not been published before.
- We strongly discourage submission of abstracts that contain incomplete data and/or analysis.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Specify all abbreviations in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Use the abbreviation thereafter.
- Check abstract thoroughly for spelling and grammar.
- Do not include references.
- Abstract presenters who are not bursary recipients will be required to fund in full their own attendance at the Conference (including Conference registration, travel and accommodation expenses).
- All accepted and presented abstracts will be published online by the Society’s Journal: The Journal of Reproductive & Infant Psychology.
- Bursaries are available for students, early career researchers and NHS staff to attend the Conference. If you would like to apply for a Bursary please see bursary information on the Funding page for further details. The deadline for applying for a Bursary is 14 June 2019.
- The Conference will be at City University of London from the 5-6 September 2019.
- A pre-conference afternoon workshop on 4 September 2019 is available for postgraduate students and early career researchers. Places are limited so please book early.
- Registration costs are:
One Day Both Days Both days + Conference dinner (includes £10 discount on dinner) Non-Member £140.00 £240.00 £310.00 SRIP Member £100.00 £170.00 £240.00 Student Non-Member £140.00 £240.00 £310.00 Student Member £75.00 £125.00 £195.00 Conference Dinner 5 September 2019 £80.00 If booked separately Pre-conference workshop for postgraduate students and early career researchers 4 September 2019 £20.00
- Accommodation is not provided and will need to be booked separately by delegates.
- Information on travel and accommodation close to the conference can be found here.
2019 SRIP Conference Dinner
Thursday 5th September
Following welcome drinks, a 3-course meal with wine will be served in the Waterhouse Suite. The conference dinner provides a friendly and relaxed environment to network and socialise with colleagues.
Holborn Bars is an inspiring central London venue with a trading and business history dating back to the early 1870s. The building was commissioned by the Prudential Insurance Company and produced by architect Alfred Waterhouse, who also designed the Natural History Museum. Holborn Bars is a striking Grade II listed red brick building featuring fine architectural detailing in Gothic Revival style, with art-deco elements added in the 1930s. Following recent refurbishment, the interior of Holborn bars is a wonderful mix of contemporary and traditional styles with dramatic staircases, ornate ceilings, wood panelling, and grand fireplaces.
The nearest tube station is Chancery Lane on the Central Line. When leaving the station take exit number two and the entrance to Holborn Bars is located approximately 50 meters ahead.