The 40th SRIP Annual Conference
8 – 9th September 2020
Submissions are welcome from all areas of reproductive and infant health including:
- Reproductive health & behaviour
- Infertility and assisted reproduction
- The transition to parenthood
- Perinatal mental health & wellbeing
- Fathers/partners wellbeing
- Parent/infant interaction
- Positive psychology and resilience
- Innovation in treatment and services
Abstract submissions are now closed.
The Scientific Committee of the Society of Reproductive and Infant Psychology’s 40th International Conference would like to invite you to submit an abstract for our conference on the 8th and 9th September 2020 in Chester, UK. Showcase your research to an international audience and contribute toward discussions that will shape future research and healthcare. We are inviting abstracts for oral or poster presentations, symposia or workshops. Please click the button below to submit your abstract.
Submissions are now closed.
Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Oral presentation or poster
Oral presentations or posters are brief presentations of research. We require a structured abstract that includes Title, Background, Aims, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. To submit an oral presentation or poster click here.
Symposia consist of a 1-hour session with 4 or 5 presentations on a particular topic. We require an abstract for the overall symposium theme, as well as abstracts for each presentation within them. To submit a symposium click here.
Workshops are 2-hour sessions aimed at improving clinical skills or research skills in specific areas of reproductive and infant health. They will usually involve 1 or 2 presenters but up to 5 are possible. We require names of the presenter(s) involved and an abstract for the workshop which includes Title, Aims, Content, and Learning Outcomes. To submit a workshop click here.
If an abstract, workshop or symposia is accepted, the presenting author(s) must attend the Conference to present. The presenting author will be required to register for the Conference by July 20, 2020 in order to have the abstract acceptance confirmed. If a presenting author is not registered by July 20, 2020, the Scientific Committee will remove the abstract from the program
- 20 April 2020 Deadline for Abstract, Symposia and Workshop submission.
- 20 April 2020 Deadline for submission of bursary applications.
- 1 June 2020 Notification of whether abstract submissions are accepted.
- 1 June 2020 Outcome of bursary applications.
- 20 July 2020 Deadline for presenters to confirm their attendance.
- Registration is possible any time prior to the conference.
- 7 September 2020 Pre-conference afternoon workshop for graduate students and early career researchers on Supporting Personal Wellbeing and Career Development.
- 7 September 2020 optional evening social event for workshop attendees and SRIP committee members.
- 8 – 9 September 2020 Conference.
- 8 September 2020 (evening) Conference dinner.
- Abstracts for oral presentations, posters and symposia should contain new information that has not been published before.
- We strongly discourage submission of abstracts that contain incomplete data and/or analysis.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Specify all abbreviations in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Use the abbreviation thereafter.
- Check abstract thoroughly for spelling and grammar.
- Do not include references.
- Abstract presenters who are not bursary recipients will be required to fund in full their own attendance at the Conference (including Conference registration, travel and accommodation expenses).
- All accepted and presented abstracts will be published online by the Society’s Journal: The Journal of Reproductive & Infant Psychology.
- Bursaries are available for students, early career researchers and NHS staff to attend the Conference. If you would like to apply for a Bursary please see bursary information on the Funding page for further details. The deadline for applying for a Bursary is 20 April 2020.
- For conference enquiries please email email@example.com
- The Conference will be at The University of Chester from the 8th – 9th September 2020.
- A pre-conference afternoon workshop on 7th September 2020 is available for postgraduate students and early career researchers. Places are limited so please book early.
- Registration costs are:
|One Day||Both Days||Conference package incl 1-night university accommodation + dinner**|
Conference Dinner 8 September 2020
|£45.00||If booked separately|
|Pre-conference workshop for postgraduate students and early career researchers 7 September 2020||£30.00|
|Monday night (7th) University Accommodation (for ECR delegates and committee members)|
1-night University Accommodation for conference delegates *
Monday (7th) dinner on campus
*University accommodation can be booked for 1, 2 or 3 nights (7th, 8thand 9thnight only).
** 1-night accommodation included in bundle price is for 8thnight only.
2020 SRIP Conference Dinner
Tuesday 8 September
Information about pre-conference workshop
Early Career Researcher Workshop – Supporting Personal Wellbeing and Career Development
A pre-conference afternoon workshop on 7th September 2020 (12-5pm) is available for postgraduate students and early career researchers including a networking lunch. Following the workshop there will be an optional evening social event held together with SRIP committee members.
For 2020, along with giving participants the opportunity to network and socialise with peers, the workshop will be looking at ways to support your emotional wellbeing as a researcher. There will also be a session on skill development for writing and publication, and reflection on career progression.
What participants at the SRIP early career workshop 2019 enjoyed;
“The social lunch which was a great way to meet people in a relaxed environment. Really enjoyed and found it both useful and interesting.”
“The personal experiences of other graduate students, to hear what PhD trajectories in other countries look like, networking in a more informal situation.”
“As part of the organising committee, taking part in the workshop was a great experience. Having a friendly space to share ideas and explore new perspectives was as great start to the 2019 SRIP conference.”
- Price is £20 which can be booked alongside registration and when making payment.
- This workshop is open to Master’s and PhD students, Post Docs, and Research Assistants who will be attending the 40th conference.