The 40th SRIP Annual Conference
8 – 9th September 2020
Submissions are welcome from all areas of reproductive and infant health including:
- Reproductive health & behaviour
- Infertility and assisted reproduction
- The transition to parenthood
- Perinatal mental health & wellbeing
- Fathers/partners wellbeing
- Parent/infant interaction
- Positive psychology and resilience
- Innovation in treatment and services
Abstract submissions are open until 31 March 2020
The Scientific Committee of the Society of Reproductive and Infant Psychology’s 40th International Conference would like to invite you to submit an abstract for our conference on the 8th and 9th September 2020 in Chester, UK. Showcase your research to an international audience and contribute toward discussions that will shape future research and healthcare. We are inviting abstracts for oral or poster presentations, symposia or workshops. Please click the button below to submit your abstract.
All submissions must be made online by 31 March 2020.
Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Oral presentation or poster
Oral presentations or posters are brief presentations of research. We require a structured abstract that includes Title, Background, Aims, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. To submit an oral presentation or poster click here.
Symposia consist of a 1-hour session with 4 or 5 presentations on a particular topic. We require an abstract for the overall symposium theme, as well as abstracts for each presentation within them. To submit a symposium click here.
Workshops are 2-hour sessions aimed at improving clinical skills or research skills in specific areas of reproductive and infant health. They will usually involve 1 or 2 presenters but up to 5 are possible. We require names of the presenter(s) involved and an abstract for the workshop which includes Title, Aims, Content, and Learning Outcomes. To submit a workshop click here.
If an abstract, workshop or symposia is accepted, the presenting author(s) must attend the Conference to present. The presenting author will be required to register for the Conference by June 30, 2020 in order to have the abstract acceptance confirmed. If a presenting author is not registered by June 30, 2020, the Scientific Committee will remove the abstract from the program
- 31 March 2020 Deadline for Abstract, Symposia and Workshop submission.
- 31 March 2020 Deadline for submission of bursary applications.
- 12 May 2020 Notification of whether abstract submissions are accepted.
- 12 May 2020 Outcome of bursary applications.
- 30 June 2020 Deadline for presenters to confirm their attendance.
- Registration is possible any time prior to the conference.
- 7 September 2020 Pre-conference afternoon workshop for graduate students and early career researchers.
- 7 September 2020 (evening) Informal pub evening for graduate students and early career researchers.
- 8 – 9 September 2020 Conference.
- 8 September 2020 (evening) Conference dinner.
- Abstracts for oral presentations, posters and symposia should contain new information that has not been published before.
- We strongly discourage submission of abstracts that contain incomplete data and/or analysis.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Specify all abbreviations in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Use the abbreviation thereafter.
- Check abstract thoroughly for spelling and grammar.
- Do not include references.
- Abstract presenters who are not bursary recipients will be required to fund in full their own attendance at the Conference (including Conference registration, travel and accommodation expenses).
- All accepted and presented abstracts will be published online by the Society’s Journal: The Journal of Reproductive & Infant Psychology.
- Bursaries are available for students, early career researchers and NHS staff to attend the Conference. If you would like to apply for a Bursary please see bursary information on the Funding page for further details. The deadline for applying for a Bursary is 31 March 2020.
- For conference enquiries please email email@example.com
- The Conference will be at The University of Chester from the 8th – 9thSeptember 2020.
- A pre-conference afternoon workshop on 7th September 2020 is available for postgraduate students and early career researchers. Places are limited so please book early.
- Registration costs are:
One Day Both Days Both days + Conference dinner (includes £10 discount on dinner) Non-Member £140.00 £240.00 £310.00 SRIP Member £100.00 £170.00 £240.00 Student Non-Member £140.00 £240.00 £310.00 Student Member £75.00 £125.00 £195.00 Conference Dinner 8 September 2020 £80.00 If booked separately Pre-conference workshop for postgraduate students and early career researchers 7 September 2020 £20.00
- Accommodation is not included and needs to be booked separately by delegates.
2020 SRIP Conference Dinner
Tuesday 8 September